AURORA Cleanse + Hydrate Balm
8 in stock
Our truly multi-purpose balm destroys makeup and SPF as a first-cleanse, but is also gentle on skin with nourishing oils and butters. Also makes a nourishing balm-mask from head to toe.
Suitable for all skin types & climates, best for cold, dry weather conditions.
2 oz / 60mL & 4oz/120mL
Vegan. Sustainably sourced.
Who is it for
Aurora has been our best-seller since the beginning because it is so versatile, that nearly everyone can use it from head to toe.
Scent: Earthy orange creamsicle, or upscale chocolate orange, we hear both!
Texture: Mousse-like, vibrant yellow, easy to spread, super emollient.
How to use
There's no wrong way to use Aurora!
1. Use a chickpea sized amount, and warm between fingers. Massage into dry or wet skin and let the nutritious oils and butters be soaked up before gently wiping away with a warm, wet cloth. Work gentle into eyelashes to remove even waterproof mascara (can be used by those of us with sensitive eyes!). You will notice a milky emulsion occurs and can be rinsed away clean. You may splash with water if you like, for an extra-clean feel. Apply to dry face before hopping into the shower!
2. Again, using a chickpea-sized amount in the palm of your hand, slowly add a few drops of warm water, serum or mist and emulsify, creating a cleansing OR hydrating lotion that you can leave on clean skin, or rinse off as a second cleanse, like a milk cleanser.
3. Next, it can be used as a beauty balm moisturizer for face, body, lips and hair! Use on dry elbows, parched lips or fly-away hair or as a great after-shave balm! A perfect skin prep under your daily SPF!
4. Plop a scant teaspoon sized blob in a bowl, add honey, clay, a serum or mist and mix to create a custom mask.
5. Mix with mineral makeup for a custom foundation or highlighter, you crafty alchemist you! Use to blot out lipstick, or make a powder blush into a cream!
NB: Essential oil content is well below recommended dermal limit, and are considered sunsafe, but wear SPF anyhow and do no apply right before intense sun exposure!
INCI: Garcinia indica (Kokum) Butter, Theobroma cacao (organic cocoa) butter, Mangifera indica seed butter, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Glycine soja (non-GMO) butter, jojoba esters, Cucurbita Pepo Seed Oil*, Camellia sinensis (organic green tea) seed oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Supercritical CO2 Seabuckthorn) Fruit Oil*, Cetearyl Olivate (and) Sorbitan Olivate, polysorbate 20 (coco. derived), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Peel Wax, Tocopherol (non-GMO vit. E), Soy lecithin*, pure essential oils*.
This product is preservative-free because it is water-free, so please wash and dry hands before scooping product out and to prevent mold, do not get any water in the jar. Do NOT store jar in the shower or bath.
Use a clean teaspoon to scrape a small amount of product out, to prolong the life of your balm even longer. With proper handing, this product can stay fresh for up to 18 months.
A balm inspired by the simple pleasures that anchor your day. A quiet moment in the early morning, golden light beginning to pour in through the window. Speckles of sparkling dust caught in the sunshine, drifting silently as you sip your coffee and enjoy breakfast. The room is quiet, still, before the world wakes up. Your potted jade looks plump, the leaves catching rays of sunshine. Your cat grooms herself contentedly, stop for a moment and you stare at one another. You both feel it. It's going to be a good day.